2020 Summer Camp Cancelled
We know that times are tough and future plans are uncertain. The Sardis Presbyterian Church, church administration, facility crew and school administration have all been meeting for some time on decisions for church and school summer programs. At this time to adhere to safety, the school will hold off on its opening for summer camp. This decision did not come lightly and was thought through on many levels, but the main decision comes from a place of safety for all and if we cannot confidently say that we can offer that, the program cannot be approved. Other challenges we have are safely social distancing early childhood students, safety concerns for staff and vendors, and the church’s decision to open the facility for summer programs.
We know that this news is disappointing, but please know that we consider ourselves inclusive to all and if one family cannot attend the summer program for COVID-19 reasons, then we are failing in following through on our commitment to being inclusive.
All camp payments will be refunded to you in full.
At this time the decision to keep September 2nd as our first day of school will stay in place unless unforeseen circumstances arise.
Back to school information will be emailed out by mid-summer.
You can view the communication from The Rev. Dr. Joe. B. Martin by clicking here.
Thank you for your understanding
Elizabeth and the Sardis team